OPTIARC IS BACK! The Optiarc AD-5290S picks up where the Optiarc 5280S-CB left off. Once the 5280S-CB model became EOL, there was no suitable replacement on the market. Recognizing the void in the market place, Vinpower revived the Optiarc product line and has introduced the latest version in the Optiarc series, the Optiarc AD-5290S line of Optical Disc Drives (ODD).
- Secure Media Speed Stability - Ensures that media duplication speed does not exceed encoded maximum rates to provide better burning control and virtually eliminates bad burns.
- Enhanced Recording Stabilization Control - Ensures all drives in a single duplication environment burn uniformly to avoid disproportionate speed fluctuations, which lead either to failed discs or less compatible completed discs.
- Stable Recording Control - The drives have an extensive database of media specs and are better able to communicate and convey these details while burning the disc(s) at ultimate speed.
- Stable burning throughout - Provides consistent and reliable burning of any file type for the duration of the duplication progress to ensure the recorded media has far greater reliability of playback or that the discs will successfully copy to begin with.
- Enhanced Compatibility for DVD+R media-Ensuring greater compatibility with DVD Players
- Enhanced CD-R Duplication - Limits potential distortion in CD-R audio duplication
- Enhanced Compatibility for CD+G media - Ensuring greater compatibility with Karaoke players
- Supports 99 minute CD-R - Allows CD-R media to be over-burned effectively to 99 minutes
- Archival Capability - Works with wide array of specialty archival media for greater longevity on stored content
- M-Disc Capability - Able to write to the exclusive M-Disc Archival Media which is able to store digital content without data loss for up to 1,000 years
- Built using sturdier components - Compared to alternative drives, this model was built using the true Japanese design and parts lists for a stronger and more reliable system.
- Less Wear and Tear - since there are fewer bad burns, the system is able to complete its jobs in less burns meaning a prolonged life for the drives themselves due to less use
- Industrial tray gears & pulleys - provides a more stable disc loading tray for a longer life cycle (1 cycle equals 1 tray extend from and then return into the drive)
- Enhanced Error Reporting - Provides greater details as to the cause of any potential duplication failure during the Lead-In
|DVD Media (Read/Write)||DVD±R: 24X Maximum
DVD+RW: 8X Maximum
DVD-ROM: 16X Maximum
DVD±R DL: 8X Maximum
DVD-RW: 6X Maximum
|CD Media (Read/Write)||CD-R: 48X Maximum
CD-ROM: 48X Maximum
|CD-RW: 32X Maximum|
|Access Time (Typical)|
|DVD Media||200 ms||CD Media||140 ms|
|Buffer Size||512 KB|
|Supported DVD Format||DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD±R
(Single/Multi Boarder), DVD±R DL
(Single/Multi boarder), DVD± RW
|Supported DVD Writing Method||Disc-at-Once, Incremental Recording,
(DVD-RW) Restricted Overwrite,
(DVD+RW) Random Access Write,
(DVD-R DL) Layer Jump
|Supported DVD Writing Method||12cm or 8cm Diameter||Supported CD Format||CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-ROM/XA, Photo-CD, Multi-session, Karaoke-CD, Video-CD, CD-I FMV, CD Extra, CD Plus, CD-R, and CD-RW|
|Supported CD Writing Method||Disc-at-Once, Track-at-Once, Session-at-Once,
Fixed Packet, Variable Packet
|Supported Disc Size||12cm or 8cm Diameter|
|CPU||Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or equivalent or higher||Memory (RAM)||128 MB (512 MB recommended)|
|Interface||SATA (Serial ATA)||Operating System||Microsoft Windows® 7 / XP / Vista or later|
|Hard disk Drive||1 GB free space required for software installation,
Up to 10 GB free space required for DVD authoring.
|Other||Internet connection recommended for updates|